Join Lipsticknick for a 10-Week Virtual Pro Artistry Course! All levels welcome for this hands-on interactive makeup class.
About this Event
This series of Zoom Workshops will be taught by none other than Pout's co-founder, Lipsticknick! This 10 week course is perfect for anyone regardless of experience or skill level! First class begins August 9th and takes place each Monday night until October 18th.
Each week, Lipsticknick will focus on a specific topic & look and do a live “show and teach” demonstration on herself for the class. You will be able to follow along in real time with the demo and ask questions via the “chat” portion of the ZOOM.
In this course, Lipsticknick will break down all aspects of makeup artistry and teach you how to master your craft from minimal men’s grooming to full drag transformation. She will also offer tips & tricks including kit sanitation and organization. We welcome all levels from beginners to pro!
In the last week of the course, there will be a Final Project where Lipsticknick will select a winner & they will be awarded a GRAND PRIZE!
WHAT YOU GET:
- - Access to a live weekly interactive zoom course with Lipsticknick and fellow students
- - Pout Swag
- - Goodie bag of products to incorporate in your kit
- - Pout Pro Artistry Handbook curated by Lipsticknick
- - Certificate of completion signed by Lipsticknick
what you need to bring for your kit:
please note each student is responsible to provide their own supplies for each class as well as more specific items depending on the lesson (class-specific supplies listed at the bottom of this event page).
products needed for every week include:
- - towel
- - mascara
- - scissors
- - tweezers
- - false eyelashes
- - eyelash glue
- - black or brown eyeliner pencil
- - variety of face and eyeshadow brushes
- - beauty sponge
- - 99% alcohol
- - makeup wipes
- - translucent powder
- - palette/spatula
- - Pencil sharpener
- - Blush
- - Bronzer
Classes will be once a week - Every Monday from 6pm to 8:30pm PST via Zoom
*If you are unable to attend the entirety of a class, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to class in order to be excused early*
With reserving your spot in this course, you are expected to attend every class, otherwise you risk not receiving your Certificate of Completion.
CLASS RUNDOWN (varies by class):
- 6 - 6:15pm PST | INTRODUCTION & SUMMARY OF WEEKLY SUBJECT
- 6:15 - 8:15pm PST | INTERACTIVE DEMO / DETAILED LESSON
- 8:15 - 8:30pm PST | WRAP UP LECTURE + HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT
**note: class duration will be anywhere between 1.5-3 hours each week, depending on the lesson**
At the end of each class session, Lipsticknick will assign an optional homework assignment for you to practice what you learned in the lesson that week. You will email your homework to email@example.com once completed.
BRIEF COURSE OUTLINE:
- Week 1 | AUGUST 9 - Sanitation, Setting-up Station, Consultation & Color Matching
- Week 2 | AUGUST 16- Highlight & Contour, Brows Placement & Symmetry
- Week 3 | AUGUST 23 - Eyeshadow 101 Blending, Styles & Color Selection
- Week 4 | AUGUST 30 - Smokey Eye Techniques
- **NOTE: NO CLASS SEPTEMBER 6 IN OBSERVANCE OF LABOR DAY**
- Week 5 | SEPTEMBER 13 - Red Lip, Wing Liner Technique & Lip and Liner Cleanup
- Week 6 | SEPTEMBER 20 - Bridal Glam, Marketing & Branding Yourself
- Week 7 | SEPTEMBER 27 - Cut Crease Techniques (Soft Cut vs. Hard Cut)
- Week 8 | OCTOBER 4 - Drag Makeup (brow cover, drawing new brows, manipulating the eye shape)
- Week 9 | OCTOBER 11 - Skill Drills (timed segments; prep for final project)
- Week 10 | OCTOBER 18 - Final Projects
*Please note: on rare occasion, it is possible that a substitute instructor will teach in place of Lipsticknick.*
We have three ticket tiers available:
- Tier 1: $1350 ticket - Covers Full Tuition
- Tier 2: $750 deposit ticket - Your deposit holds your seat and you are responsible for paying the remainder of the balance ($60/week plus processing fees) each week prior to joining the class. First payment due on May 3.
- Tier 3: $100 installment plan - Your $100 holds your seat your seat and you are responsible for paying the remainder of the balance ($125/week plus processing fees) each week prior to joining the class. First payment due on July 26th, last payment due on October 4th (no payment due 9/6). **with this tier you must pay your first two weeks worth of installments in order to receive your goodie bag + handbook**
*Please note: regardless of tier, you will be subject to processing fees as payments are made through a third party (not Pout or Lipsticknick). Thank you in advance for your understanding.*
Unfortunately, no refunds are allowed unless Pout and/or Lipsticknick cancel the course.
In order to receive a Certificate of Completion, you MUST attend all 10 classes. If you miss a class, you will unfortunately be unable to complete the course.
Seats are limited, so reserve your spot today!
- - DUE TO THE CLASS SIZE, STUDENTS WILL BE BE MUTED DURING THE ZOOM CLASS.
- - WITH YOUR GOODIE BAG, YOU WILL RECEIVE A HANDBOOK. IT IS UP TO YOU TO TAKE NOTES THROUGHOUT THE COURSE + BALANCE YOUR NOTE-TAKING WITH FOLLOWING THE MAKEUP DEMONSTRATION.
- - WE WILL NOT ALLOW STUDENTS TO RECORD THE COURSE.
- - IF YOU CONSIDERING PURCHASING A TICKET AND ARE INTERNATIONAL PLEASE NOTE THE CLASS TIME
- - IF YOU ARE INTERNATIONAL, WE WILL TRY OUR BEST TO SHIP YOUR GOODIE BAG TO YOU; HOWEVER, WE CANNOT GUARANTEE SHIP TIMES DUE TO COVID-19. AHEAD OF PURCHASING YOUR TICKET, PLEASE REACH OUT TO WORKSHOPS@POUTBEAUTYBAR.COM DIRECTLY SO WE CAN RESEARCH SHIPPING INFO FOR YOU.
- - THE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION THAT IS AWARDED AT THE END OF THE COURSE IS NOT A VALID COSMETOLOGY/ESTHETICIAN LICENSE
FULL CLASS SUPPLY BREAKDOWN BY WEEK:
Week 1 (Sanitation / Preparation)
- - Towel Down at Station
- - Hand Sanitizer
- - Tissues
- - 99% alcohol
- - Paper towels
- - Disposables (mascara wands, lip applicators, eyeliner applicators)
- - Makeup wipes
- - Beauty sponge cleanser
- - Foundation
- - Concealer
- - Skincare/Skin Prep
Week 2 (Face Shape - Highlight & Contour)
- - Highlighter/Concealer (2 shades lighter than your foundation)
- - Translucent powder
- Bronzing powder
- - Cream contour stick
- - Eyebrow Products (pencil/powder/gel)
- - Angled brush
- - Setting spray
- - Pressed powder in your shade
Week 3 (Eyeshadow 101, Brush Techniques, Blending, etc)
- - Eyeshadow palette (neutral color palette)
- - Variety of eyeshadow palettes (to see different eyeshadow textures)
- - Variety of brushes
Week 4 (Smokey Eye Techniques)
- - Smokey Eye Shadow palettes (greys/blacks/browns)
- - Variety of eyeshadow brushes
Week 5 (Wing Liner & Red Lips)
- - Red liquid lipstick
- - Red lipliner
- - Concealer
Week 6 (Bridal Glam)
- - Whatever palette you’d like to use for your dream wedding look
Week 7 (Cut Crease Techniques)
- - Rainbow eyeshadow palette
- - Concealer or P. Louise Eyeshadow base
Week 8 (Drag Makeup)
- - Glue Stick (purple or clear)
- - Orange Concealer/Color Corrector
- - Light concealer
- - Powder puff
Week 9 (Skill Drills)
- - Gel/Liquid eyeliner
- - Red liquid lipstick
- - Lip brush
- - Concealer
- - Eyebrow products
Week 10 (Final Project Day!)
Please have all supplies you need to complete your final project.